DIY Wedding Extras...

I got married over a year ago but I made of lot of stuff on my own and wanted to share this with others in hopes to inspire you if you're looking for inexpensive wedding ideas. The things in my wedding that were handmade are as follows:

1. Save-the-Date cards (post cards from Office Deport, plenty of ink and my printer; designed them myself)



2. Invitations: I used an invitation kit and spent a lot of time searching for the perfect font and used a template I found online for the wording. The invitation kit also had...
a. Direction Cards
b. RSVP Cards with envelopes.

3. Program Fans: I used a template I found online; this was an extensive project that involves a lot of paper cutting although they turned out beautifully. I had some help (thank God) in cutting out the paper. If you decide to take on such a project you'll want help doing this as well. I used card stock paper I got on sale at Hobby Lobby and a crop-a-dile (and eyelets) which I also bought at Hobby Lobby using a coupon. If you shop at Hobby Lobby be sure to check their website for coupons.


The finished product is something to be proud of though. Be sure to check out the how-to on this page. That's how I learned how to make them. Very useful detailed instructions along with the ever-so important template.
4. Favor Cones: I created all of these by hand on my own because no one could get the jist of rolling the paper. I made them to mimic calla lillies which was one of the main flowers used in my wedding. I used 12x12 white card stock paper, clear mailing labels since my printer isn't big enough to fit paper this size I printed what I need on clear mailing lables and stuck them in the corner of the paper. I then rolled them and hot glued the seam. I also hand tied bows using nice white ribbon of different fabrics (some linen, some satin) and hot glued them onto the front of my cones. Later I stuff them with a little tissue paper and them layed a variety of candies inside. As you can see the outcome is beautiful and can look professionaly done at a fraction of the costs.

5. Menu cards: I used cards from an inviation kit and came up with the design on my own. My printer got a lot of use. I spent a LOT of time searching for fonts online and tried out a lot of different designs until I was satisfied.
6. Camera Cards: I created cards (these were made from card stock paper) that sat on each table with a disposable camera. People from each table took photos throughout the night of each other and everything we requested on the cards. I made about 4 different versions of the cards with each list having different items. Our guests left the cameras for me and my husband as great memories. I found the idea online somewhere and decided to use it. What a great idea. If you choose to use this idea remember the flash will be important unless you plan for your reception spot to be brightly lit.


7. Dazzling Cake Topper: I used a wood cut out and a hot glue gun to glue individual stones on. It looked fantastic when I finished! Only took me a couple of hours to do. I sprayed painted the front a silver color so that the stones gave a somewhat seamless appearance... no wood showing. The stones are on the edges/sides as well to create a seamless look. I also attached tissue paper onto the back with regular glue. I didn't want any of the wood to be exposed. I bought my wood letter on ebay for pretty cheap. If you decide to do such a project make sure your cake is thick enough to hold the topper. The stones can make it pretty heavy. My cake had fondant icing which created a nice layer to hold the topper.

If you ever have any questions on how I did something or would like to see more photos just let me know. I'm also willing to help out with wedding ideas too! I'm all about finding ways to save money. ;) If you would actually like for me to create something for you that can be discussed as well. Anyhow, ta ta for now!

P.S. You can find other wedding help here... Wedding Help

Nina

Nashville area singer, actress, model and DIYer. I have a love for music and the arts. I'm also a bit of a math/computer geek. I've always thought of myself as being artistic and have grown to love interior decorating. ... I like to draw, paint, create unique things, give life to old things and learn more in the world of design. I also enjoy spending time with my family, playing sports, hanging out with friends, and working on my health and fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!... and please be nice. ;) Unfortunately, my comments are moderated due to spammers and those who like to post horrible things.