DIY Birthday Invitation

For my daughters birthday I thought about ordering birthday invites but of course I thought to myself, I know I can do this for much cheaper and I did. I bought a pack of 50 note cards (included envelopes) from Hobby Lobby. They're regular $9.99 but of course I used a 40% coupon paying only $6 for them. I came up with a design using Word and made sure the paper size in Word match the size of my cards. The cards (folded) are 5" x 6 1/2" so in Word I made sure my paper size was set to 10" x 6 1/2" which is the size of an open card. After printing out my cards here's what I came up with...



The main thing I had to make sure of is that I inserted the paper back into my printer to ensure that the printing came out without the words being upside-down on the inside. After printing my invitations I added little butterflies to the inside of the invites. I created the butterflies using a Fiskars 1" butterly punch I found at Joann's...on sale.

I loved making my own invitations. I'll definitely use this idea making cards in the future. I still have to make thank you cards for everyone that came to the party!

Nina

Nashville area singer, actress, model and DIYer. I have a love for music and the arts. I'm also a bit of a math/computer geek. I've always thought of myself as being artistic and have grown to love interior decorating. ... I like to draw, paint, create unique things, give life to old things and learn more in the world of design. I also enjoy spending time with my family, playing sports, hanging out with friends, and working on my health and fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!... and please be nice. ;) Unfortunately, my comments are moderated due to spammers and those who like to post horrible things.