French Provincial Chest & Nightstand Makeover!

Okay, I bought a french provincial high boy chest and matching nightstand off of craigslist some time back.



I mentioned it in a previous post and have decided to follow through on silver leafing it... eh-hem, aluminum leafing it I mean. I've found that aluminum is much cheaper than silver and it seems to have the same beautiful outcomes. I have yet to start the actual leafing process but have removed the pulls, cleaned, lightly sanded and primed both pieces and am ready to start.







I'm a bit nervous but excited about the upcoming long road I have set in front of me. I'll have to remember to take good photos of my process. Whenever I'm done I'll come back and post an update. It will take me some time... I'm currently 6 and a half months pregnant so I will be taking lots of breaks. ;)

Nina

Nashville area singer, actress, model and DIYer. I have a love for music and the arts. I'm also a bit of a math/computer geek. I've always thought of myself as being artistic and have grown to love interior decorating. ... I like to draw, paint, create unique things, give life to old things and learn more in the world of design. I also enjoy spending time with my family, playing sports, hanging out with friends, and working on my health and fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!... and please be nice. ;) Unfortunately, my comments are moderated due to spammers and those who like to post horrible things.